Health Sciences Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
May 20 - 25, 2018
University of Central Arkansas Campus, Sponsored by UAMS
Early Bird Deadline to apply: February 28, 2018
This Boot Camp is an intensive, weeklong program during which undergraduate students identify problems or opportunities in healthcare, and then work in interdisciplinary student teams to formulate new venture ideas, talk to potential customers, meet with influential faculty and work closely with mentors from the healthcare industry. The boot camp coaches the teams through everything from entity filing and intellectual property to creating a sustainable entrepreneurial team. For more information, please see news release.
NCTR Summer Student Research Participation Program 2018
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Application Deadline: 2/16/2018 11:59 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Graduate Students
Summer research opportunities are available at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in Jefferson, Arkansas. Selected individuals will train alongside NCTR investigators who conduct FDA mission-critical, translational research, that provides a scientifically sound basis for FDA regulatory decisions, and that reduces risks associated with FDA-regulated products.
This program, administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, was established through an interagency agreement between DOE and FDA. The appointment period is full-time for up to 10 weeks beginning May 21, 2018. The participant will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience. Proof of health insurance is required for participation in this program. Participants do not become employees of FDA or the program administrator, and there are no fringe benefits paid.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and at least 18 years of age at the time of the appointment. Applicants must be a student in good standing at an accredited U.S. college or university, or accepted as an entering graduate or professional student at an accredited college or university, with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Physics (All)
- Life Health and Medical Sciences (All)
- Mathematics and Statistics (All)
- Other Physical Sciences (All)
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Sciences
- Nanotechnology (All)
- Computer Sciences
- Scientific Computing and Informatics
- Veteran Status: None
To apply: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3732
For more information: If you have questions, send an email to FDArpp@orau.org. Please include the reference code FDA-NCTR-2018-0116 for this opportunity in your email.
BRIDGE Summer Research Program
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
Science majors interested in graduate school and pursuing a career in Molecular Biosciences, Environmental Sciences, and Aquaculture and Fisheries.
Low-income/ first generation college students from rural socioeconomic areas OR students from groups underrepresented in STEM (African American, Hispanic, American Indian, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian/Alaskan Natives, Veterans, and students with disabilities) can apply.
DURATION: 8- 9 weeks (Late May until early August)
LOCATION: Arkansas State University
AWARD: $2,000 stipend and free housing and meals will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online application: https://webapps.astate.edu/bridge/index.php
- Submit additional documents via fax, email, or mail: copy of federal tax return, copy of transcript(s), 3 letters of recommendation, and a Statement of Purpose.For more information, contact Mrs. Renee Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-680-4330 or visit the Bridge Program’s webpage: http://www.astate.edu/a/bridge-program/
Application Deadlines Coming Up for Student Travel Grants in CUR Divisions
Council on Undergraduate Research
- CUR Psychology Division, application deadline February 15, 2018 (faculty mentors must nominate student candidates)
- CUR Physics and Astronomy Division, application deadline March 16, 2018
- CUR Social Science Division, applications considered on a first-come, first-served basis