Victims of sexual violence have legal, medical, and counseling rights. Medical assistance should be sought as soon as possible to help identify and treat injuries and evaluate risks for sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy. If you seek care within 72 hours, forensic evidence can be collected. A-State Student Health Center (SHC) will assist in the coordination of care, but does not perform forensic medical examinations. SHC has a collaborative relationship with the Family Crisis Center of Northeast Arkansas (FCC) who will provide confidential assistance and support at local hospitals in the event of sexual assault.
What do I do in case of sexual assault?
If possible, get to a safe place. Call campus police, (870) 972-2093 or 911.
Where can I get a forensic evidence collected?
There are currently two choices in Jonesboro for sexual assault forensic evidence collection; St. Bernards Medical Center (870) 972-4100 & NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital (870) 936-1000.
On Campus Resources
- University Police Department: (870) 972-2093
- Student Health Center: (870) 972-2054
- Counseling Center: (870) 972-2318
- Office of Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator: (870) 972-2015
Off Campus Resources
- Emergency: 911
- Family Crisis Center of Northeast Arkansas Office: (870) 972-9575
- 24hr Sexual Assault Line: (870) 933-9449