Travel Services is dedicated to providing information on travel policies and procedures to the faculty, staff, and students of Arkansas State University.
New to A-State or want a refresher?
- Review the Travel Process page for an overview of what to do before, during, and after a trip.
- Review the Regulations Presentation for an overview of our Operating Procedures.
- Review the training materials under the Documentation page and contact us for training.
Effective 10/14/2019, the Expense Report default FOAP will no longer feed from the Request Header. It will come from the Traveler’s Profile. If the default FOAP on the Profile is incorrect, contact email@example.com with the updated information.
Effective immediately, if meals are being reimbursed for a one-day trip, a travel memo will need to be signed by the traveler, the traveler’s supervisor, and the appropriate Vice Chancellor. The operating procedure for day travel and the travel memo can be found at the following link: http://www.astate.edu/a/finance/procedures/finance/fa-travel-day-travel.pdf
The Traveler must acknowledge their Travel Advance responsibilities by typing, “I agree” into the Cash Advance Comments field on the Travel Request when an advance is requested.
The transaction date on the T-Card and Department charges is the transaction date fed from US Bank and it cannot be updated. This can cause an exception warning to popup with the message that the transaction is outside of the trip start and end dates. For these type of transactions, this is OK and the report should be submitted and approved. Department Card Expense Reports should have the Trip Start and Trip End dates matching the Traveler’s actual travel dates.
Travel Advances and paying back personal expense on the T-Card/Department Card can be done through Marketplace. Contact Travel for the link. When paying back in cash at the Cashier’s Window please use the following Fund and Account codes, do not include an Organization or Program.
Travel Advance: Fund 110000 and Account 163500
Personal Expenses on the T-Card/Department Card: Fund 110000 and Account 140230
The Office of Travel Services would like to make several exciting announcements as we move into Fiscal Year 2020.
- Our office location has moved to the Procurement side of the Facilities Management building and we have a new central phone number, 972-3903.
- Garry Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, is now the card administrator for T-Cards and Departments Cards. Any new card requests, new cardholder training, credit limit changes, card issues will go to Garry. Our office will be the final approval for T-Card and Department Card reconciliation in the Concur Travel System.
- The Trip Optimizer is only required if the round trip exceeds 100 miles per day, proof of mileage is still required.
- Cash advances can now be paid back through Marketplace – contact us for the link.