Open this pdf for detailed instructions on some of the useful tools for GoBoard use: GoBoard Presentation
The Arkansas State University Writing Center prides itself on providing the necessary tools and resources needed to help strengthen individual writing skills. Sessions are peer-led, and our staff consists of students who understand both the frustrations and joys of writing. The Writing Center is a comfortable learning space in which ALL members of the A-State community-- undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff-- can receive feedback on their writing, be it academic, professional, or personal in nature. Our goal is to help you improve your writing skills in any area; from research and brainstorming to formatting and finalizing, our tutors will work with you every step of the way. The Writing Center can provide you with resources, advice, useful critiques, and motivation for any project or piece of writing you choose. We also encourage students and faculty members to attend our writing workshops, both creative and professional, for peer-review sessions, refresher information and resources, and a sense of community with other students.
You can utilize the center by walking in, setting up an appointment in person or via phone at (870) 972-3451, scheduling weekly appointments with the same tutor, working with one of our embedded tutors in the agriculture, engineering, and business departments attending one of our workshops, and joining one of our writing groups.
Our Writing Consultants will:
- help you understand and plan your writing project;
- talk with you about the content, organization, style, and/or mechanics of your work;
- work with you on integration of sources and documentation (APA, Chicago, MLA, Turabian, etc.);
- ensure that you are not engaging in academically dishonest writing and research practices;
- walk you through how to utilize the campus research databases;
- do our best not just to help you create better writing, but to help you become a better writer;
- treat you and your work with respect.
Our Writing Consultants will not:
- review your work without you present;
- write or edit your paper for you;
- tell you what to write;
- assign a grade to your work, even informally;
- discuss you or your work with anyone outside of the Writing Center without your permission.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, you can contact the Writing Center Director Tabatha Simpson-Farrow at email@example.com.
We also encourage you to add us on Facebook and Twitter so you can be updated about our services, promotions, and events.