The College of Sciences and Mathematics provides to all Arkansas State University students the foundation on which all higher education stands: the mathematics and the sciences. Accordingly, the College acknowledges its responsibility and is actively committed to:
- freedom of thought, inquiry and expression;
- supporting and rewarding the research, scholarship, creative endeavors, and professional activities of our faculty, staff, and students;
- supporting and rewarding effective teaching and bettering ourselves as teachers;
- recruiting, training, and retaining a highly-skilled and professional staff;
- providing the finest possible research and teaching facilities, beginning with the library, and including computer, classroom, and laboratory technology.
The College of Sciences and Mathematics prepares students to assume their places as knowledgeable, ethical, and problem-solving leaders by providing foundational and advanced studies in the natural sciences, mathematics, and statistics.
A partnership among students, staff, and the faculty anchors the mission of the College of Sciences and Mathematics to expand and disseminate knowledge. The research, scholarship, creative endeavors, and professional activities of this College are intrinsically valuable, fundamental to teaching and learning throughout the University, and beneficial to the Mississippi River Delta and beyond.