Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Md Salauddin Ahmed
Instructor of Chemistry
- 2012-2018 Ph.D. Chemistry (Organic Polymer Chemist) at Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
- 2012-2016 Masters in Chemistry at Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
- 2010-2012 Masters in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2005-2010 BSc in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Synthesis of guanyl(urea) functionalized conjugated polymeric materials for gene delivery, drug delivery, and for cellular imaging.
- Development a new polymeric method and to prepare/synthesize a novel cationic polymeric material to overcome antimicrobial resistance.
- Modification of functional group in a conjugated polymer to prepare a target specific diverse functionalized, high molecular weight, fluorescent conjugated polymer for primary cell (NHBE) transfection.
Academic Publications and Patents
- Md Salauddin Ahmed, Rajib Dutta, Prakash Manandhar, Hoshang Jehangir Unwalla and Joong Ho Moon, Guanylura-functionalized conjugated polymer enables RNA interference in ex vivo human airway epithelium. Chem. Com. 2019, 55, 7804-7807. 10.1039/C9CC02856K
- Ahmed, Md Salauddin.; Annamalai, A.; Xuerong, Le.; Seddek, A.; Teng, P.; Tse-Dinh, YC.; Moon, J. H., Synthesis of Antimicrobial Poly(guanylurea)s. Bio Conjugate Chem. 2018, 29, 1006-1009. DOI: 1021/acs.bioconjchem.8b00057.
- Chen, F.; Manandhar, P.; Ahmed, Md Salauddin.; Chang, S.; Panday, N.; Zhang, H.; Moon, J. H., He, J. Extracellular Surface Potential Mapping by Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy Revealed Transient Transmembrance Pore Formation Induced by Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles. Biosci. 2018, 1800271, DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201800271
- Ahmed, Md Salauddin.; Moon, J. H., Synthesis of Fluorescent Phenyleneethynylene Trimer-Containing Polymer. Poster Presentation, Division of Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering, Spring 2017 Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Moon, J. H., Ahmed, Md Salauddin. Modulated Guanidine-Containing Polymers or Nanoparticles. US Patent No.: US 16/220, 801, 2019.
- Moon, J. H., Ahmed, Md Salauddin. Antimicrobial Poly(guanylurea)s. US Patent No.: US 10,017,462 B1, July 10, 2018.
Dr. Md Salauddin Ahmed comes from Bangladesh; a nice and small country located in South Asia with the world's longest natural sea beach. He was born in a small city name "Comilla" near the capital Dhaka. Dr. Ahmed earned his Bachelor and Master’s degree from the "University of Dhaka" under the department of "Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering". In 2012, he moved in USA to pursue his PhD degree from “Florida International University” (FIU). After the graduation, Dr. Ahmed continues his research as a Postdoctoral Associate at FIU. Dr. Ahmed served as a Visiting Assistant Professor at “West Virginia Wesleyan College”, Adjunct Faculty at “FIU” and “Miami Dade College” before joining the Chemistry & Physics Department at “Arkansas State University”.